1:1 online Coaching for Young Writers
Mentorship for passionate young writers between the ages of 10-14.
I published my first book when I was thirteen, so I know what it’s like to be a kid with a dream, and the doubts that creep in along the way. If you have a young writer who is struggling to get started and move their dreams forward, or looking for an external source of accountability and feedback, my coaching might be for you!
What is it:
- $80 per month
- Guidance on setting goals and creating a concrete plan
- Advice on how to improve plot and character arcs
- Answering any questions you may have about the writing process
- Writing exercises designed to develop storytelling skills
- Relevant book and blog recommendations for inspiration and education
- and of course, a lot of encouragement!
What is isn't
- Manuscript editing
- Step-by-step guidance with publishing
- Convincing kids that they should like writing
- Help with a school assignment
How it works:
- Monthly calls
- Monthly writing evaluation and resource recommendations
- On-going email support each week
- Direct guidance on plot, character arc, and story
If you sign up...
First, we will schedule an initial call over Zoom to discuss what your goals are, what you’re working on, and where you’re stuck. After that, I will work with you to create a plan that you can use to guide you through the process. We will email back and forth – I will send exercises and assignments, I’ll read your writing and provide constructive advice for improvement, and share resources, templates, and worksheets to help you get the most from your writing sessions. Once or twice a month we’ll meet again over Zoom to discuss how it’s going, tweak the plan to your needs, and keep going.